"Nature is what we know
Yet have not art to say
So impotent our vision is
to her simplicity."
- Emily Dickinson

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Off to a New Start

After serving on the Board of the Hudgens Center for the Arts for nearly four years, I have completed my term and have taken a studio at the Tannery Row Artist Colony in Buford, Georgia.  It seems like a very long time since I have spent quality time with myself in the studio and I am thoroughly enjoying it!

I've finished my annual "four seasons" project -- this year they are 10" x 24" mixed media with oil on board.  Spring: Late Snow on Crocuses is posted here.  I've also begun work on a series that I'm titling Beneath which will focus on things beneath trees, dunes, etc.  Lots of erosion can happen!  Starting with small watercolor studies then moving on to larger abstracted mixed media pieces.  There are always projects for the Tannery gallery for the shows we hang there on a regular basis.  Oh, and there are the series of birds in watercolor for my offering of Holiday cards this year.

Busy and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment